macOS is the new name of of Apple OSX operating system. Apple at WWDC 2016 in San Francisco on June 13, 2016 have announced to rename OSX to macOS. This new name is in line with Apple other OS names (tvOS, iOS, watchOS 3). Here we have few macOS Sierra tips and tricks
How to free up a macOS Sierra storage space
- Click the apple icon n the task bar
- Click about the mac
- Click the storage tab
- Click Manage button
- Click Optimize Storage button next to each hard drive icon
How to enable Picture in Picture mode in macOS Sierra
The picture in picture mode is not new to Apple as it is already available in iOS 9 for iPad. Lets discuss how to enable this picture in picture mode in macOS Sierra.
- Open a video or select a YouTube video you want to watch
- Right click on the video to reveal a menu
- right click again for the second menu to be displayed
- click Enter Picture-in-Picture.
- The video will now detach and you can move it around to any one of the four corners of your Mac screen
- To reattach the video, simply click the reattach icon found at the bottom of the video next top the pause icon.
How to write on a NTFS disk in MacOS Sierra
- We can write data on NTFS drives connected to the Mac by using some simple command lines through Terminal.
- Launch Terminal (Found in Applications/Utilities), then enter the following command line.
- sudo vi /etc/fstab
- Now edit the fstab file in the vi editor by typing the following
- LABEL=NAME none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse
- Replace Name with the actual drive name
- Now save this file and quite You now must be able to write to the NTFS drive right now.