Toyota Vitz is a nice and beautiful car to drive both local and on long routes. Some Vitz owners are experiencing a pathetic low fuel economy or gas mileage i.e. around 8 to 9 KM/L . Different Vitz owners claims different range of fuel economy with their car. Some claims that vitz gives almost 17-18 KM/L with AC on long routs, while other says that their Vitz is not doing more than 10-12 KM/L with AC in city and not more than 14 KM/L on long routes. Any car fuel consumption depend on traffic & road conditions and the way how you drive the car. Some Vitz owners drive it with heavy foot and claim that it is not giving good fuel economy or mileage. You can not actually manually control the fuel injection in Vitz as it is controlled by the electronic fuel injection system. Anyhow there are few tips which may improve the overall mileage of a Vitz car.
1. Cleane the Vitz throttle body
2. Change the Air Filter
3. Change Oil Filter
4. Clean or Change Toyota iridium plugs
5. Some people claim that removing catalytic convertor (CAT) from Toyota Vitz may improve the mileage to a great extent. If you need to remove CAT get it done from some expert so that he can properly deal with O2 sensors. The CAT usually comes with two O2 sensors the first one is before the CAT for Air/Fuel Ratio correction.
6. Clean the CAT and other sensors.
7. Change engine oil if required
8. Control your foot on the accelerator
Hopefully after these few tips the fuel economy of your Toyta Vitz will increase. In case you still experience mileage problem with Vitz then it could be due to different number of things which could be bad gas/petrol, poor roads, engine needing a tune-up, lead foot and or dragging brakes. Get it checked from an experienced mechanic who have an understanding of vitz fuel consumption.